Saturday, March 6, 2010

More in that Pink room

I struggle so much with my girls room but it's slowly coming together. The struggle is the color. I have never been into pink, at all. Period. But they begged and I gave in. Every wall is pink and Belle even wanted the ceiling pink but I put my foot down, no! There will be no pink ceiling.
The latest decor was a cool idea from Thrifty Decor Chick . I instantly thought of the girls empty wall space and decided it was what I needed to do. She has a much better tutorial but here is what I personally did.
I used regular pine boards from Home Depot cut square. Ending size is about 9 1/4". With leftover chocolate brown paint, I painted the edges.
Then, out of my creative memories supply I took all my pink shades and picked out nine that went together.
 
I used ModPodge for the adhesive. "Paint" the boards with the glue, then place paper on top. I also"painted" over the top of the paper. No, I did not escape small bubbles but they are small enough you don't see them unless you really look for them. I nailed them directly to the wall...which was scary because it's that old plaster and I could hear the plaster falling down the wall...yikes, I hope they hold!
In the end, I get this....

3 comments:

  1. Cute- I like that!! I'll have to remember that for one of those 'some day' things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...this is such an adorable idea. I'm gonna have to give it a try...not only in my daughter's room, but possibly in the living room!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to compliment, be a critic, or just plain, comment! I'd love to hear from you.