Monday, April 26, 2010

Tiramisu

A friend of mine told me how to make a very simple, very delicious Tiramisu.





Start out with an Angel Food Cake. I made mine from scratch while the recipe called for a store bought one.





1/2 cup double strength coffee (I used Starbucks, yum)
1 cup whipping cream
3Tbs powdered sugar
1 sm box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
instant coffee granules
baking cocoa



Whip the cream and powdered sugar.





You can make the coffee from instant or brew it as I did.







Mix pudding with milk. Fold whipped cream and pudding together after pudding sets up just a little.
Cut angel food cake in half. Carefully pour half of coffee over cake. Layer half of the pudding/cream mixture over. Place other half of cake on, then repeat layers.
I sprinkled instant coffee granules and unsweetened baking cocoa over layers











 I forgot to take a picture before I put in the toothpicks to keep the plastic wrap up off the cake. But here she is in all her glory.

Lastly, put it in the fridge and wait for at least 6 hours till serving to allow the flavors to blend.





I was going to serve it to friends but those friends had to cancel so my girls and I had a little feast ourselves!




Tips to myself for next time I make it:
In a home made cake, the coffee doesn't soak up as quickly, takes more.
A homemade angel food cake is larger than the loaves from the store so it might be smart to double the filling. Also, because it is lager, cut in 3 layers rather than only 2.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, might have to try that some time!! (thinking fellowship meal at church.)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to compliment, be a critic, or just plain, comment! I'd love to hear from you.