Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Birthdays

 
To kick off her birthday fun, several days in advance I helped them make salt dough hearts to make necklaces for birthday friends. They had a blast!
After I dried them in a low heat oven we commenced to painting them....
I did not get any more pictures of the girls making them because it got a little intense! Using little foam stamps, they put flowers on them. Some looked like blobs more than flowers. Tori was so excited about the stamping that her hands were shaking and she could barely let me help her!
I painted them with modge podge to seal the paint. Then we strung hemp through the holes for the necklace.
On the table I lay them out by her cake. At her party she gave them to her friends and then again on Valentines day took them to church for the friends that weren't at the party. 
 My princess with her princess cake. She loved it and yes, I made and decorated it. I am not so good at taking pictures while decorating a cake so you just get the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to compliment, be a critic, or just plain, comment! I'd love to hear from you.