Monday, February 15, 2010

Unfinished projects



I have a braided rag rug started, but unfinished, sitting by a soft chair that I randomly work on. Ultimately, it will go in the girls room which is the ONLY reason it is pink! I like it because it is something to do when I feel I need to stop for a few minutes and sit. But when I sit and do nothing my mind is racing around to all the things I should be doing. This way, I'm both sitting and occupied. It is taking me much much longer than I anticipated but I hope for happy endings. 
It is residing in a basket that was once that light yellowish color but I decided that it would find favor with my eyes if I spray painted it. Now I like it and where it sits on the floor it catches your eye. Before, I tried to hide it.

 
  
Far from perfect as you can see, I am also making my mom a scrap quilt. Here is one of the blocks. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'm STILL working on it and shan't mention how long ago I started it. Lets just say I've moved 3 times and had a baby since it first had it's beginning. I have a goal to get it to her by the end of the summer... There are nearly 200 completed blocks to make up the quilt. I'd rather not know how many I still have to do to make that number. The squares are 2". I'm also planning to machine quilt it myself...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to compliment, be a critic, or just plain, comment! I'd love to hear from you.