Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jute Ball

After going to Hobby Lobby, seeing their "string wrapped" styrofoam balls, I thought, "I can do that!"
I had picked up some jute string at Wal-Mart figuring I can use it before too long. Taking the idea from a friend to make a ball out of a wad of newspaper wrapped with plastic wrap and tape, I made a "jute ball". It's not perfect in roundness but I thought it added to the look.
Just make your wad-ball, glue and wrap the jute or hemp around it till finished.


3 comments:

  1. Nice Shy! Good to see you about! I like all your jute stuff! It doesn't fit my era of house and style right now but now I know where to look for how-to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cool! I really like it! :) It's snowing out here:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to compliment, be a critic, or just plain, comment! I'd love to hear from you.