Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trash Can Thrift

I have had, from our wedding day, a typical 13 gallon kitchen trash can. In the 4 other houses we've lived in, it seemed to find a nook to hide. This house, different story. I always felt like it "stuck out" and had no where to go. I wanted one to go under the sink but could never justify buying a new one when I already had one...just so it would go under the sink.
Then one day as I worked in the kitchen, this dilemma was being pondered. I turned from the sink and there was my trash can!
Several weeks earlier I had picked up a few (free) 5 gallon buckets from Sam's Club bakery to brine my pork into ham. This particular bucket was still flitting about in my kitchen being used for various things by my little girls.
NOW, it resides under my sink as a perfect trash can...out of sight...free...frugal...and not taking up space in storage. I really like my little trash can and I wonder why I couldn't have thought of that earlier???




















My other trash can? I was trying to figure out what to use for my recycle "bin". Viola, I now have a trash-can-under-the-sink and a recycle "bin" for my plastic and cans.

( cinnamon rolls anyone? fresh from the oven, soft, melting, the BEST )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to compliment, be a critic, or just plain, comment! I'd love to hear from you.