Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wall Scrawls

This is the first wall design I attempted and succeed! It's a wall in our church nursery. Rather than do the typical nursery wall art we went with modern. The opposite wall is that delicious chocolate brown. It really felt like we were putting pudding on the walls! 
I'm not as happy with this one. I take a picture I see somewhere, usually vinyl wall art, then attempt to draw it on the wall with a pencil. Naturally, it doesn't get exactly as the picture because it's fatter here, longer/shorter there... This one got more tweaked that I liked since I got it too close to the door. But, it's there on my girls' pink wall in brown. 
My latest is in my kitchen. I wasn't too sure I could do it but turned out better than I thought. It's not done yet. There is a bird and a few more leaves. The pencil doesn't show up in the pictures so you'll have to wait for it to be painted to see it completed.
You never know what you can do until you try! I wasn't sure I could do it so never tried. Somehow I felt more brave when I did the nursery walls. Perhaps because it wasn't in my own house? 
The next place to be endangered by my pencil and brush is our bedroom. There is where I feel insecure because I want it "perfect".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to compliment, be a critic, or just plain, comment! I'd love to hear from you.